Jenquip Manual Plate Meter
The Jenquip Manual Plate Meter is an accurate pasture meter with no electronic parts.
The Platemeter produces highly repeatable results for accuracy that’s second only to cutting, drying and weighing pasture samples, a method that’s impractical on-farm. The result is a series of accurate measurements of grass height that also accounts for any variation in pasture density.
Two simple counters total the meter readings taken and count the number of individual readings, allowing quick and easy calculation of an average reading for each paddock.
A comprehensive instruction handbook is included with each Jenquip Manual Folding Plate Meter. In addition, a Carry Bag and Electronic Conversion kit are available separately as optional extras
Instructions on how to convert rising plate pasture meter readings to pasture cover and pasture dry matter values can be found in the handbook. The default equation is x 140 + 500 For more information on formulas go to the overview and formulas page
- Accurate measurement — second only to cutting, drying and weighing pasture samples.
- Measurement range — 0-250mm of compressed pasture height. Longer shafts are available for measuring tropical grasses
- Folding or Straight Handle — for easy transport and storage.
- Simple to use — cumulative pasture counter automatically totals pasture height readings.
- Hand-calibrated — ensures readings taken by all Folding Plate Meters are comparable.
- Repairable — without changing reading accuracy, allowing new results to be compared to old.
- Reliable — high quality materials and accurate manufacturing ensure reliability and long service life.
- Adjustable — sample counter position can be adjusted to suit individual preferences.
To view prices click here